Every day, it seems as if there is a new technology innovation on the market. And while it’s easy to think that just a few companies are adopting them, think again: Innovations like blockchain, artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), and virtual reality (VR), among others aren’t part of some futuristic concept anymore. They are quickly becoming mainstream—and companies are already realizing their benefits.
New research from Enterprise Strategy Group and Oracle found that 84% of organizations reported using at least one emerging technology today. And they’re reaping the rewards through faster growth and strong return on investment (ROI). Among some of the report’s findings:
Revenue grows faster. Organizations which use the most emerging technologies have grown annual revenue 58% faster than those not investing in such technologies. Those forward-thinking organizations also saw profit grow 80% faster.
Scriptesy offers to Hire Blockchain Developer to build custom Blockchain applications for mobile and web platform
Benefits are better than expected. The benefits of using these technologies are outpacing expectations by a wide margin. For example, in the finance sector, users of AI report an average 33% improvement in productivity and 37% reduction in errors, primarily from automating manual processes. The monthly financial close takes roughly four days less in organizations using emerging technologies than in those that don’t. Organizations that use financial digital assistants report an average 36% improvement in productivity and 38% faster analysis capabilities.
Applications in the supply chain yielded similarly impressive results. Adding blockchain to supply chain management (SCM) capabilities helped 87% of organizations meet or exceed their ROI expectations. More than three in four respondents (76%) said that AI-powered SCM increased employee productivity. Incorporating IoT data into supply chain systems and workflows shortened the time to produce and fulfill orders by an average of more than six business days. Eighty-three percent of organizations using IoT data to support SCM say the ROI has met or exceeded expectations.
5 steps to getting ahead with emerging tech now
If you’re ready to join your competition in reaping the benefits and advantages of emerging tech, take these five steps:
- Modernize critical systems by migrating to SaaS with Oracle’s complete, integrated cloud suite
- Analyze the best immediate investments to make now and prioritize those that will solve challenges or which offer the greatest ROI promise
- Select the prebuilt solutions with embedded emerging technologies that will best support your business
- Conduct a pilot project and ensure that it has a measurable goal and likely payoff
- Embrace an agile mindset. Sometimes, adoption of new processes and technology can come with people and behavioral challenges. By defining your goals and a clear path for change, along with regular communication and training, you can reduce some of the obstacles you may encounter.